Your stock pot can make delicious meals for your family, from spicy three-bean chili to savory corn soup. These dishes will taste better if you use the right stockpot. Because of their straight sides and deep design, stock pots are great for making soups and stews as well as vegetable stocks. These cookware pieces are more versatile because they have sturdy, weighted bases that prevent them from tipping while you cook or serve. You’ll discover that the materials you choose for your stock pot will influence your choice.
Stock pot sizes typically range between 8 quarts to 160 cubic inches and 8 to 30 inches in size. A smaller pot, such as an 8-quart, 10-quart, or 12-quart stockpot, is better for families than larger pots. Larger pots, like those used in professional kitchens to cook large quantities of food or large-sized ingredients such as lobster, are more suitable. While a restaurant might not require 100 quarts, a 20-quart stockpot is more than adequate for daily menu production.
- For soup making, a 4 or 6 Qt pot is sufficient
- 8 Qt can be used to poach a chicken but is also small enough to make large quantities of stock.
- 12 Qt is the ideal size for home cooks, who will be cooking stock and boiling occasional lobsters
- Kitchens with versatile functions require at least 20 Qt.
It is important to consider the material that your stockpot is made from. Every option has its advantages and disadvantages, including price, durability, and performance. Compare the various options before making a final decision.
- Great for heat conductivity
- Reacts with acidic fluids, which can cause the pot and liquid to discolor.
- Aluminum stock pots are soft and will not last a lifetime.
- Strong durability
- Good heat retention
- Aluminum has a higher heat conductivity than aluminum.
- Heat up slowly
- To prevent burning, thick and heavy bottom
- Hot resist handles
- Heat transfer is easy
You can always visit your local restaurant supply shop for kitchen equipment and tools. However, some people prefer to shop online. You can easily get all your required equipment at Texas Restaurant Supply that offers restaurant supply in Dallas Tx. The stock pots are sorted by size and material and it’s easy to find what you need. It’s great prices and it’s a quick buying experience.”